Unapologetic style will rule 2020 fashion: Manish Malhotra
India’s favourite fashion designer Manish Malhotra, who completes a star-studded three decades in design next year, says the fashion rule for 2020 is people being unapologetically themselves.
“I see fabulous energy in younger designers, who don’t fear to be true to themselves. They wear what they want to, and style and mix it up. What is phenomenal that I have seen in the past few years, that people are not afraid of being themselves, and that’s a big trend that’s going to rule next year. I hope that’s a trend forever,” Malhotra, 53, told IANSlife.
The ace designer is currently working on Karan Johar’s Mughal-era film ‘Takht’, which he says is a challenge. As he also completes 15 years of his fashion label next year, Malhotra is gearing up for a busy year with celebrations and projects.
Malhotra will also start co-designing jewellery next year with Raniwala, a Jaipur-based jeweller founded in the 1800s.
Looking back at his career, he said: “I stand strong when it comes to identity, because my journey is very unique. It’s completely different from the entire fashion fraternity.”
“Having started as a costume designer, worked for years, I’m working with the fourth generation of actors in the movies right now. I went into mainstream fashion, and now I have large stores and catering to a world clientele. It’s a 24-year job, in what I wish was a 48-hour day. It’s sometimes crazy, stressful, but you really have to love your job like I do,” he added.
What makes for good couture design for Manish Malhotra?
“What makes for good couture design for me is a piece’s timelessness, intricacy, finish and luxuriousness of it, and innovation because couture is changing.”
For the Hyderabad chapter of Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2019, he will showcase his collection themed around “My Identity, My Pride”.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shraddha Kapoor shared pictures of herself looking like a dream in a gorgeous golden and blue lehenga choli set at the wedding ceremony of her cousin Priyaank Sharma with Shaza Morani. However, the stunning outfit was made by a brand that has been co-founded by her masi Padmini Kohlapure.
- Singham star Kajal Aggarwal makes jaws drop in awe as she remains at the top of her fashion game in a wine discharge print organza saree while looking forward to a grand release of Mosagallu and one of her highly anticipated movies of Tollywood, Acharya
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared an image of herself wearing a beautiful turtle-neck sweater. The special thing about it was that the jumper was knitted by the actor's mom, Madhu Chopra while she was staying in London.
- Want to make the traffic stop and bae go weak in the knees on your next date night? Take fashion cues from Parineeti Chopra’s latest smoking hot look for Marathi Filmfare Awards 2021’s red carpet, in a backless sequinned midi dress, which has set the mercury soaring like never before
- Athleisure has made its way into our wardrobes and it is here to stay. Celebrities also love a good lounge wear set which they can wear at home and also run last minute errands in. However, Disha Patani and Kiara Advani are giving athleisure a summer twist with bright and bold colours and we love it.
- Mouni Roy recently shared images from a new photo shoot wearing a gorgeous bright red kurta, ijaar pants and bandhani dupatta. She looked like a dreamy dulhan in the images. All the brides-to-be take note.
- Model and celebrity chef Chrissy Teigen made her desi fans extremely happy as she danced to the Varun Dhawan and Parineeti Chopra starrer Bollywood song Jaaneman Aah from the film Dishoom.
- Nora Fatehi has a collection of dresses that ranges from minis to everything you can think of. The fashionista, who is often snapped in a beautiful attire, loves a good dress and we always end up taking inspiration from her sartorial picks.
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.
- Kangana Ranaut looked radiant in a pink anarkali kurta with full, churidar sleeves, a white churidar and a self printed white dupatta. The Queen actor's look is perfect for the blazing heat of Mumbai.
- Janhvi Kapoor turned 24 today and in order to celebrate the day, we are taking a trip down memory lane and checking out the times she looked marvellous in ethnic attires.