Pamper your skin & hair this festive season with homemade packs & soaps. Here’s how
Include citrus fruits in your beauty regime as they are packed with vitamin C which increases energy and alertness.Updated: Sep 27, 2017 12:19 IST
Why don’t you give your skin a break this festive season and ditch chemical-based products? Instead try natural ingredients-based products like peppermint soaps, face packs with turmeric powder, fresh cream, pumpkin, essential oils to look fresh.
Amit Sarda, managing director at brand Soulflower, and Naresh Arora, founder of Chase Aromatherapy, a cosmetics manufacturing brand, list the following natural ways to look after your skin:
* Take a small bowl and add some lavender oil with two teaspoons of gram flour (besan), a pinch of turmeric powder, butter or fresh cream. Mix all thoroughly and make a pack to get glowing skin. Remove it with gulaab jal (rose water) after 20 minutes.
* Perk yourself up in five minutes with a refreshing peppermint soap. Add this moisturising soap to your daily bath routine and you will instantly feel revitalised and refreshed.
* A pomegranate and honey face pack is also very refreshing and easy to make. Pomegranate is a rich source of vitamin C. It also has anti-ageing and antioxidant properties. Take a homemade paste of pomegranate and add about a tablespoon of honey to it. Apply this paste on your face and neck and wash it off with rose water after 30 minutes.
* Include citrus fruits in your beauty regime as they are packed with vitamin C which increases energy and alertness. An easy way to look rejuvenated and refreshed is by using a soap rich with the goodness of orange and carrot.
* Marigold flower is easily available in your garden. Pluck out petals from three to four marigold flowers and make a fine paste. Now add one teaspoon of honey with some raw milk. Mix it well. Apply on your skin and wash it away with lukewarm water within 15 minutes. The pack will make your skin glow.
* Use enzymatic exfoliants. Papaya contains the natural enzyme papain which helps naturally exfoliate the skin. If you have sensitive skin, papaya cucumber soap will definitely help your skin get the glow you desire.
* Skip synthetic fragrances containing harmful ingredients such as phthalates. Instead use natural fragrances in the form of pure essential oils such as ylang ylang. In addition to having a lovely smell ylang ylang helps balance sebum levels for both dry and oily complexions and has a soothing and smoothing effect.
* For the hair, simply run anti-frizz serum like avocado carrier oil through your tresses and braid them. Get on with the rest of your routine. When your hair is completely dry, you’ll be left with naturally wavy hair that you can leave open or wrap into a ponytail.
* Nourish hair with oil treatments once or twice a week. Apply olive oil on the scalp and hair. Then dip a towel in hot water, squeeze out the water and wrap the hot towel around the head. Keep it on for five minutes. Repeat the hot towel wrap 3- 4 times. This helps the hair and scalp absorb the oil better.
First Published: Sep 27, 2017 12:19 IST