Labourer electrocuted to death in Gurugram, three others injured
The victim, who was from Ferozabad in Uttar Pradesh, died after touching a wall in his room which had a current running through it.Updated: Jun 01, 2018 09:56 IST
A man was electrocuted to death at Behrampur village in Sector 59 on Wednesday. The man, identified as Abhilakh Singh, came in touch with a wall which had current running through it.
The room that the victim lived in had underground fittings through which the current spread to the wall, the police said. Three others, who tried to save the victim, were also electrocuted. All are labourers employed by a private company in Sector 59. The three, who tried to save the victim, were injured and are currently under treatment at a private hospital.
Police have initiated action under Section 174 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC). The labourers hailed from Ferozabad in Uttar Pradesh.
“The incident took place around 12.30pm when the labourers were taking rest in their room during lunch hour. They were taking a breather on the floor when one of them raised his hand and got in contact with the wall which had current running through it. One person died on the spot and three others were injured. The injured are being treated at a private hospital. All four of them worked as labourers at a private company,” Vinod Kumar, station house officer, Badshahpur police station, said.
Police said the room in which the labourers were sleeping was a small one because of which the current spread easily.
In March, a woman was electrocuted in Sector 12’s Jacobpura after coming into contact with a high-power cable.
In August last year, six children had been electrocuted after coming into contact with live high tension cables near Kendriya Vihar in Sector 56.