Fitness tip: Do yoga to stay fit
Leena Mogre, fitness expert doles out tips to stay fit.health and fitness Updated: Sep 22, 2011 12:45 IST
Q I am 21-year-old girl, 5’4” tall and weigh 41 kgs. I am too thin. This leads to weakness. Can you suggest a proper diet?
Hi, you are underweight, but eating the right food in the right quantity can make you healthy. Also, you need some form of exercise to avoid
gaining weight in unwanted areas. Here is a diet for you.
* Early morning (7 am): One fruit with a glass of skimmed milk.
* Breakfast (10 am): Have oats (4 tbsp) or wheat flakes or muesli (8 tbsp) in skimmed milk. You could also opt for a bowl of dalia or a bowl of upma or poha.
* Lunch (1 pm): Have four rotis (dry) with a bowl of green veg, salad and dal. Also, eat 100 gms of skimmed paneer, chicken or fish.
* Snacks (4 pm): Eat two slice of wheat bread, or an egg/veg sandwich.
* Between: Have peanuts or four almonds or two walnuts
* Dinner (8.30pm): Have four rotis (dry) with a green veg, salad and a bowl of dal. Also, have 100 gms skimmed paneer, chicken, fish or soya paneer. Also, have three-four litres of water daily and keep oil quantity down to 2 tsp/day.
First Published: Sep 22, 2011 12:38 IST