For a harmonious workplace
Your work place is where you spend at least eight to ten hours a day. Reason why anything that can add to its harmony or make it more productive is always welcome. Here are a few Feng Shui tips that help maximise your workplace.
The CEO's office should be spacious; a large office creates the impression that the business is going places and there is plenty of room to expand and operate effectively. A small office is constricting and gives the impression that the business has reached its limits.
Try to position yourself facing your best direction, your Sheng Ch'i (Success Direction). South is good for an established executive seeking a higher public profile.
It favours a flamboyant working style, where the executive has regular contact with the employees but prefers being out on business, and meeting clients, rather than having people come to him. It is helpful in generating new ideas.
East and south east is good for a young and ambitious chief executive trying to build up a new company. The east supports an executive, whose strength is technical excellence; the south- east is helpful in promoting better communications with clients, colleagues and employees.
North and south west helps to provide stimulation for quiet and slow workers.
North-east would support a highly motivated executive, marketing department or a business which needs to develop a more competitive edge.
North-west is beneficial for mature executives and established companies. It supports leadership, is useful for workaholics who need to delegate more and or executives who wish to attract more respect from their employees.
West is ideal for executives nearing retirement. It results in good money management and suits an executive with a strong financial background or a business which needs to get a better grip on finances.
The desk size demonstrates the importance of the chief executive in the company. Dark hardwoods are more yang and gives the impression of authority .
An executive who wants to appear approachable would benefit from a desk made of yin pale softwoods such as pine.
A large clear desk indicates that the person is ready for challenges. An over crowded desk creates an impression of being overwhelmed by your task.
Make sure that you are well supported and that your office chair is backed by a wall. Often chairs back on to windows - this in not a good feng shui position.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- This week, Malaika Arora showed her followers how to do the Sarvangasana aka the shoulder stand. The fitness enthusiast shares an asana every week to urge her followers to exercise.
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s Monday motivation for a healthy lifestyle is all about getting set for the day with a liberated mind free of stress and these are the exercises that make up her fitness routine to rejuvenate | Watch
- Taapsee Pannu has been following a diet for the preparation of her film Rashmi Rocket. However, her diet is not as boring as one would imagine. It even includes laddoos. Yes, you can read that again.
- Kiara Advani's trainer recently shared a video of the Kabir Singh actor doing a high-intensity work out. To be honest, we are in awe.
- Milind Soman recently shared a fitness video in which the actor can be seen doing pull-ups. Along with the clip, he penned an inspiring note asking his followers to make every choice count.