Amal Clooney reveals how George won her over in Vogue spread. See pics
George Clooney has already told the rom-comesque story of how he met his wife, Amal - she came over for dinner with a common friend and the two got along and developed a friendship over email - but now it was Amal’s turn to tell her side of the story. The renowned human rights lawyer spoke at length about her relationship with George in a spread in the May issue of Vogue.
She confirmed Clooney’s story of how the two began talking over emails and added the important detail that Clooney “responded with a clownish gambit, writing her repeated notes in the voice of his dog Einstein, who claimed to be trapped in various places and in need of legal rescue.”
She said that while things were under control early on, they became overwhelming after a trip the two took to London, where they were greeted by 50 paparazzi. “It felt like the most natural thing in the world,” she said of falling for George. “Before that experience, I always hoped there could be love that was overwhelming and didn’t require any weighing or decision-making.”
Love, she said, “it’s the one thing in life that I think is the biggest determinant of happiness, and it’s the thing you have the least control over. Are you going to meet this person? I was 35 when I met him. It wasn’t obvious that it was going to happen for me. And I wasn’t willing or excited about the idea of getting married or having a family in the absence of that.”
The Clooneys are now parents to twins Ella and Alexander - Ella looks like Amal and Alexander looks like George, according to the Vogue article. They married in Venice, Italy in 2014. Their nuptials involved gondolas and mega-paparazzi. “We’ve had some ‘Mamas’ and ‘Dadas,’ ” Amal said, talking about her children’s first words. “George was very careful to ensure that ‘Mama’ was the first word.”
See more pictures from the spread here:
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Emma Watson, more than her co-stars, would struggle with wanting to not return to the Harry Potter series.
- Wesley Snipes has spoken about why his Black Panther film never got made in the 90s. The role was eventually brought to life by Chadwick Boseman.
- Billie Eilish The World’s a Little Blurry movie review: Apple's brilliant documentary traces the meteoric rise of the music industry's most mercurial performer.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.
- The first teaser for director Zack Snyder's upcoming zombie film, Army of the Dead, has been released. Dave Bautista leads the cast, which also features Huma Qureshi, although she isn't seen in the teaser.
- Actor Gal Gadot has said that she was on the verge of giving up acting when she was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman. Read her nostalgic post.
- Kim Kardashian took to her Instagram account and remembered her father Robert Kardashian on his birth anniversary. Sister Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian also shared photos.