Arnold Schwarzeneggar’s a man of his word: He’ll be back as Terminator
Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger has said the sixth instalment of hit Terminator franchise will happen.hollywood Updated: Mar 21, 2016 14:32 IST
Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger always said he’ll be back. And he has lived up to his word by confirming that Terminator 6 is going ahead despite the lacklustre performance of Terminator Genisys.
Despite the flop of last year’s Genisys, the actor, who plays the title character is pretty optimistic about the next Terminator film’s future, reported Aceshowbiz.
The actor shared the information while talking about the future of the franchise in a recent interview. Asked about the next instalment, he revealed, “I am looking forward to it, absolutely.”
Read the Terminator Genisys review here
Genisys, which also starred Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke and Jai Courtney, was planned as the first of a trilogy of new Terminator movies.
Watch the Terminator Genisys trailer here
The big-budget film received a lot of negative reviews and was a commercial flop as it reportedly earned less than $100 million in North America, though it did perform well in some other countries like China.
Fans assumed the trilogy was cancelled after Paramount removed the next Genisys films from their release schedule.
The sequel’s original May 19, 2017 slot is now filled by the Baywatch reboot. The third film’s 2019 release date remains empty.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
First Published: Mar 21, 2016 14:32 IST