Extraction director Sam Hargrave started India shoot with a traditional prayer
Avengers: Endgame co-director Joe Russo says India is a beautiful country but its locales have rarely been tapped in modern international action films. Russo is glad that he got a chance to capture the beauty of the country in Netflix's upcoming action film Extraction, which he wrote.
"India is a beautiful country. It is also rarely seen in a modern international action film. Some beautiful cultural aspects of the story would be enriched by setting in India and it does really pay off beautifully in the film," Joe said in a video, released by Netflix before the release of the film.
Originally titled Dhaka, the film revolves around Tyler Rake (played by Chris Hemsworth), a fearless, black market mercenary, who embarks on the most deadly extraction of his career when he is enlisted to rescue the kidnapped son of an imprisoned international crime lord. It has been shot extensively in India, along with other places around the world. It is directed by Sam Hargrave.
It also stars Indian actors Randeep Hooda, Pankaj Tripathi, Priyanshu Painyulli, and Rudraksh Jaiswal. The film is produced by the Russo Brothers (Joe and Anthony Russo), Mike Larocca, Chris Hemsworth, Eric Gitter, and Peter Schwerin.
In the clip, Hargrave is seen embracing Indian traditions and praying before starting the film. "We started the day with a traditional Indian blessing.They infused the production with a lot of Indian traditions," Hargrave said in the clip.
Looking back at his time in India, Hemsworth said: "Here we are in India. We are on the set of our movie for Netflix. Aesthetically, I think this film is beyond unique. So vibrant and full of movement. I don't think anyone shot a film like this here before. The public would turn up in thousands to watch us shoot. Every time they would call cut, they would cheer and clap. It was like being in a coliseum or something. Extraction will release on April 24.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Billie Eilish The World’s a Little Blurry movie review: Apple's brilliant documentary traces the meteoric rise of the music industry's most mercurial performer.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.
- The first teaser for director Zack Snyder's upcoming zombie film, Army of the Dead, has been released. Dave Bautista leads the cast, which also features Huma Qureshi, although she isn't seen in the teaser.
- Actor Gal Gadot has said that she was on the verge of giving up acting when she was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman. Read her nostalgic post.
- Kim Kardashian took to her Instagram account and remembered her father Robert Kardashian on his birth anniversary. Sister Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian also shared photos.
- I Care a Lot movie review: Rosamund Pike is in proper Gone Girl mode in director J Blakeson's devilishly entertaining dark comedy, out on Netflix.