He’s Avengers’ trump card against Thanos and their Quantum Realm guide, top 5 Ant-Man theories on Paul Rudd’s birthday
Paul Rudd turns 50 on Saturday, April 6. While several fans have theorised about the secret behind his youthful looks, we’re going to focus on different kinds of theories here - the ones that involve Ant-Man, the Quantum Realm and Thanos.
Ant-Man is considered to be the Avengers’ trump card in Avengers: Endgame - the only surviving character who has the ability to travel across dimensions. It has been theorised that the Avengers will travel either through time or across dimensions to save, or ‘avenge the fallen’.
Ever since his appearance at the end of the first trailer, when he came knocking on the door of the Avengers’ headquarters, with his Quantum Realm lab in tow, fan theories around how Ant-Man will aid the Avengers have been doing the rounds online.
Here are the five most popular ones.
Ant-Man will lead Iron Man, Captain America into the Quantum Realm
This clue was spotted in the Avengers: Endgame trailer itself. One fan noted how Scott seemed to be tugging along a suitcase behind him. We already know that he Hank Pym has shrunk an entire building down to a small size in order to transport his lab more easily, and the fan suggests that this is how Scott will lead the Avengers into the Quatum Realm.
Doctor Strange was playing for time to help Ant-Man
While it has been theorised that Doctor Strange was playing for time in order to allow Thor to get his new weapon, a parallel theory suggests that it wasn’t Thor that Strange was counting on, but Ant-Man. By allowing Ant-Man to enter the Quantum Realm, Strange ensured that the Avengers would have a game plan for the future.
One of the biggest questions that Marvel fans find themselves pondering regularly is ‘How will Ant-Man escape from the Quantum Realm?’ While some have suggested that he will be rescued by Captain Marvel, or even Iron Man, or even a character we haven’t seen yet, one theorist suggested that Ant-Man’s saviour will be Luis, who will recount the story in his own unique way later.
Ant-Man ends up in 1993
One popular theory suggests that when Scott travels to the Quantum Realm to rescue Janet van Dyne, he arrives in 1993, which is where he still is when he comes knocking on the Avengers’ door in the Endgame trailer.
The popular ‘Thanus’ theory has drawn reactions both from Paul Rudd and Josh Brolin, and has also inspired a surprisingly well-made animated video of how it could actually play out. The theory, which has been doing the rounds ever since the release of Avengers: Infinity War, involves Ant-Man entering Thanos rectally, and enlarging.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Judas and the Black Messiah movie review: Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield deliver extraordinary performances in Shaka King's politically charged film, co-produced by Ryan Coogler.
- Coming 2 America movie review: Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall reunite for the dull and boring sequel to their cult hit.
- Raya and the Last Dragon movie review: Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina put their own twist on the Mulan-Mushu dynamic in Disney's latest animated adventure.
- Chris Evans shared a video montage of his friend visiting the sets of Captain America: The First Avenger and reacting to his scenes.
- Kristen Stewart has been filming for her upcoming movie, Spencer. The Twilight star plays the role of Princess Diana in the movie.
- Actor Gal Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano are expecting their third child together. The Wonder Woman actor posted a cute family picture to make the announcement.
- Chadwick Boseman's wife Simone Ledward broke down while accepting his posthumous Golden Globe for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Mark Ruffalo received the Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for I Know This Much Is True... at the Golden Globe Awards 2021. The actor, in his acceptance speech, spoke about "Mother Earth."
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday, February 28. From The Crown to Schitt's Creek and I Care A Lot, here’s who bagged the trophies.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 took place this weekend and Twitter couldn't help but point out the chaos that unfolded at the awards show.
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) were called out by several celebrities for their lack of diversity in their ranks. After stars chanted "Time's Up Globes", the HFPA issued a statement assuring a change in the making.
- The Golden Globes 2021 winners will be announced on February 28 (March 1 in India). Here's what time the 78th Golden Globe Awards will commence and how to watch the show.