Actor Riteish Deshmukh wants to be taken seriously, at least for his upcoming flick,
. “People think I am meant to make them laugh. This time, I wanted them to take me seriously,” he explains.
As research for his character in the film, where he plays a journalist, Riteish explored the workings of the media, and learnt a lot while doing so.
“The media can make a non-issue into a big issue, or neglect a big issue and not let it become news,” he says, emphasising the power the media yields. That said, he’s quick to add, “Most of them [the media] are doing their job well.”
The actor was recently in the news when reports of him marrying ‘good friend’ actress Genelia D’Souza came out. Riteish responds, “I was shocked. I was just waiting for them [those who reported the story] to give me a date,” he jokes.
On a serious note, he adds, “There are many issues that have taken place that leave me with no option but to live with it... News today has become a running commentary, but there is nobody to blame. We all have learnt to live with it.”
Asked if he was nervous shooting with Amitabh Bachchan, the actor jokes, “No. Why would I be nervous? He (Amitabh) was really nervous.” He goes on to add, “I was dead scared. The night I got to know I’d be shooting with him, I couldn’t even sleep.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Emma Watson, more than her co-stars, would struggle with wanting to not return to the Harry Potter series.
- Wesley Snipes has spoken about why his Black Panther film never got made in the 90s. The role was eventually brought to life by Chadwick Boseman.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.
- The first teaser for director Zack Snyder's upcoming zombie film, Army of the Dead, has been released. Dave Bautista leads the cast, which also features Huma Qureshi, although she isn't seen in the teaser.
- Actor Gal Gadot has said that she was on the verge of giving up acting when she was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman. Read her nostalgic post.
- Kim Kardashian took to her Instagram account and remembered her father Robert Kardashian on his birth anniversary. Sister Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian also shared photos.
- I Care a Lot movie review: Rosamund Pike is in proper Gone Girl mode in director J Blakeson's devilishly entertaining dark comedy, out on Netflix.