Punjab school events: Bhavan Vidyalaya pupils bring books to life
The library of Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh, organised a ‘Be the book’ activity for students of classes 9 and 10. Students read books of their choice and put together creative videos based on the same.
Students competed against each other to create the most innovative videos, explaining the plot, author’s writing style, and high points of their favourite books.
Anushka of Class 9-E stood first, and Dev Sharma of Class 9-B stood second. Akshat Chaihan of Class 9-B and Adya Mishra of Class 9-D shared the third position.
Shivakshi of Class 9-E and Samridhi of Class 9-A bagged the consolation prize. Teachers lauded the efforts of the students.
Children learn about concept of day and night
The tiny tots of Pre-nursery class of AKSIPS-41 Smart School, Chandigarh, were taught the concept of day and night time in their online class on Monday.
Teachers explained the differences between both to them. Putting their artistic skills on display, they even made sceneries of day and night time.
Malwa Khalsa School celebrates NCC Day
The 72nd National Cadet Corps (NCC) Day was celebrated at Malwa Khalsa Senior Secondary School, Model Gram, under the guidance of group captain AC Sethi, commanding officer of No 4 Punjab Air Squadron, NCC Ludhiana.
ANO S/officer Parambir Singh told cadets about the history of NCC..He also spoke about the benefits of NCC.
The cadets presented their views related to NCC.
SDP School pupils make charts, write slogans
National Cadet Corps (NCC) Day was celebrated by the 3PB Battalion cadets at SDP Senior Secondary School, Hazuri Road, Ludhiana.
As many as 45 students participated in chart making and slogan writing competitions.
Satyam Mishra, Amit Yadav, and Sujal were declared winners of the chart-making contest, while Deepak Sharma and Aditya Tiwari were declared winners of the slogan writing contest.
Green Grove holds investiture ceremony
An investiture ceremony was held at Green Grove Public School for the academic session 2020-21.
JPS Jolly, president, Green Grove group of schools, was the chief guest on the occasion. School chairperson Satinderjit Kaur Jolly and principal Suzy George pinned the badges and sashes to the prefects.
Shivam Nanchahal and Komal Aujla of Class 12 were elected as the head boy and head girl, respectively. Pavneet Garcha and Arshnoor Kaur were elected as student president and student vice – president.
Vice-president Navera Jolly and principal Suzy George congratulated the newly elected student council.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As parents worry, experts advise offline activities; say some kids need medical help, counselling
- Students from schools across Ludhiana saluted the national flag, sang patriotic songs, and recited poems dedicated to freedom fighters to mark the day.
- The conference, which was attended by over 200 students from Classes 6 to 12, was inaugurated by school executive director Dr. Mrignaini and moderated by Social Science HoD Mukesh Choudhary along with her dedicated team.
- Sia Kapur, a Class 5 student of Bal Bharati Public School (BBPS), GRH Marg, has discovered three asteroids in the Kalam Centre Asteroid Search Campaign organized by Kalam Centre in New Delhi in association with International Astronomical Search Collaboration (IASC).
- The current times are extremely exciting with the current pandemic having ushered in the most challenging times for our society and government.
- The virtual library will help students of Classes 9 to 12 develop the habit of reading newspapers and competition-related materials.
- A dietitian working with the Asian Heart Hospital in BKC, Dr Patil has been working with Covid-19 patients at the BKC centre for the past six months.
- Senior principal Vineeta Arora appreciated the efforts made by BOSS and said that it has sincerely committed itself to the betterment of the society, truly exemplifying the fundamental values of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.
- The first part of this new series features Devashish Jindal and Akash Kadiyan who have founded the entertainment firm Rhino Records that makes catchy video songs that promote India’s diverse regional music, culture and talent.
- They are not only equipped to achieve good ranks in the academics field but also are equally trained to their best potential for performing well in their extracurricular activities including sports.
- A plethora of activities were organised during the festival like aerobics, taekwondo, karate, kickboxing, yoga, poster making, slogan writing and poem recitation.
- The general population is expected to get the dose after it, which means the wait for them ranges between three and six months.
- Season 2 of CSP will be divided in different categories as per the new curricular and pedagogical structure of the primary, middle and secondary school students.
- With India on the verge of joining the rest of the world by immunizing its population of 1.3 billion against covid-19, there couldn't be a better time and occasion to also understand what is vaccination?
- The Uddhav Thackeray government allotted 102 acres of salt pan land to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) for building an integrated car shed in Kanjurmarg, in east-central Mumbai, last year in a decision opposed by the Centre, which claimed ownership.