Pakistani fighter jet spotted close to LoC in Poonch
Amid a spike in ceasefire violations and terror tunnels being detected along the borders, a Pakistani fighter jet flew very close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district on Monday morning.
“The jet flew close to the LoC in Poonch sector in violation of international conventions which does not allow fighter jets to fly within a 10km radius of the border,” a defence spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said that a jet stream was clearly visible in the sky close to the LoC in Poonch. Recently, a few drones had been spotted near the Line of Control.
More details are awaited.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Banerjee had taken to Facebook to criticise senior Trinamool leader earlier in January, saying they have not paid heed to his concerns.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion at 1 PM. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- NPCI has not specified the time it would take to update the system.
- The official data also shows a big increase in the total number of registered paddy farmers, which now stands at 21.52 lakh.
- PM Modi said India is entering its 75th year of Independence this year, adding that innumerable people from Assam have contributed to the nation's freedom struggle.