Indian killed in Cincinnati shooting, family says was planning 25-yr-old’s marriage on return
Kandepi Pruthvi Raj, a 25-year old financial consultant from Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur district who was killed after a gunman opened fire in a bank in Cincinnati in the US on Thursday, was expected to return to India once his marriage was arranged, relatives said.
The family received the information about Pruthvi death from the officials of the US embassy on Friday morning. His father Kandepi Gopinath is a deputy executive engineer in the Andhra Pradesh Housing Corporation head office at Tadepalli in Guntur district. His mother Sudha Rani is a home maker.
A relative told the local media in Hyderabad that the parents were in a state of shock. “The parents were in search of a suitable alliance for Pruthvi and he was expected to come to India once the marriage is settled,” he said.
Pruthvi from Chenchupeta village of Tenali town in the district working as a financial consultant in the Fifth Third Bank in Cincinnati, was returning from the bank when the gunman opened fire at the foundation square in the downtown. He was one of the three persons killed in the firing which left two others injured.
Police shot dead the gunman identified as 29-year-old Omar Enrique Santa Perez.
Pruthvi went to the US six years ago. He had completed his post-graduation and was working as a financial consultant in a bank in Cincinnati.
According to his relatives, Pruthvi Raj studied up to Class X in Tenali town and Intermediate in a corporate college in Vijayawada city. He completed his B Tech in Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) at Vellore in Tamil Nadu. Later he went to US to pursue M.S and got bank job. He had been working as financial consultant in the Fifth Third bank for the last three- years.
The Telugu Association of North America (TANA) is coordinating with the local authorities to complete the formalities and send the body to his native place. His body is expected to reach here within three or four days.
In July, Sharath Koppu, a 26-year old student from Telangana was fatally shot at a restaurant at Kansas City in Missouri state during a robbery.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Brahamchari Atmabodhanand of Haridwar's Matri Sadan ashram wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, describing his fast as ‘tapasya’, a fight against corruption and for preserving the environment.
- The President was on a two-day visit to Madhya Pradesh. Sunday's 'Janjatiya Sammelan' where he delivered his speech was organised by the MP Tribal Welfare Department.
- The Shiv Sena's mouthpiece Saamana asked what was the need to revisit the same topic again and again when it has become obsolete.
- India is behind only the United States and the United Kingdom in terms of the total number of people receiving vaccination, data from the health ministry shows.
- Parliament officials said that the government managers as well as many opposition leaders have requested Rajya Sabha chairman Venkaiah Naidu and Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla to cut short the session as leaders of many parties would be busy in the campaign for the polls.
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration is also collecting biometric and other details of Rohingyas staying in the union territory.
- Among those waiting at the weighing scale are also people who do not own land but are engaged in transporting sugarcane from farms to sugar mills after getting the yield measures at weighing scales.