News updates from Hindustan Times: India tackling terror with new policy and process, says PM Narendra Modi and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
India tackling terror with new policy and process: PM Narendra Modi
India is tackling terror attacks with new policy and process, Prime Minister Narendra Modi emphasised on Thursday—the anniversary of the Mumbai terror attack in 2008 that left 174 people dead—in an oblique reference to the 2016 surgical strike and the 2019 air strikes in Pakistan that demonstrated India’s hardened military stance to the world. Read more
Pak has quietly moved 26/11 attacks accused Hafiz Saeed out of jail. He is home: Intel
Hafiz Saeed, the Lashkar-e-Taiba founder sanctioned by the UN Security Council, is not serving time in jail but at his Johar Town house in Lahore from where he runs the terror group, according to people familiar with the matter. Read more
3 more PDP leaders quit party, say it has become NC’s B Team
A month after three leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) resigned citing Mehbooba Mufti’s “actions and undesirable utterances”, three more have quit the party. Daman Bhasin, Fallail Singh and Pritam Kotwal resigned from the party, which they said has become the “second fiddle” to the National Conference. Read more
How Donald Trump compares to other US presidents on pardons and commutations
Trump is expected to use his clemency power to pardon or commute the sentences of his allies before leaving the office, however, the outgoing commander-in-chief has used the power less frequently than any other president in modern history. Read more
‘Wounds may have healed, but scars remain’: Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli pay tribute to security personnel killed in 26/11 attacks
One of the most heinous terrorist attacks in India took place on November 26th, 2008. Several terrorists launched attacks in Mumbai which led to the death of 166 people while injuring over 300. The reign of terror lasted for four days as security personnel fought hard to save the lives of people. Read more
Anushka Sharma shows the custom made jewellery gifted to her by Sabyasachi and it has a Virat Kohli connect. See pics
Actor Anushka Sharma got the prettiest gift from fashion designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee. The happy mommy-to-be took to Instagram Stories to share it with her fans. Read more
Cook turkey and cornbread like Kamala Harris this Thanksgiving
US Vice President-elect Kamala Harris came through to save us some trouble and time with very handy tips for this festive season. The US attorney took to her Instagram and Twitter to share multiple posts to give a step-by-step guide for her family’s cornbread dressing recipe. Read more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The family of nomads had been living in a ramshackle shed covered with tarpaulin and polythene in a forest area of Devsar in Kulgam district.
- Vaccination officers complained that the Co-WIN portal was slow in responding that made uploading information on it time consuming and tedious.
- The turnout rate dropped on Monday as Co-WIN glitches continued.
- The Election Commission team will hold meetings with the senior bureaucrats and police officers including state chief secretary and police chief to know about security arrangements.
- The police claimed that the article openly endorsed revolutionary ideologies and activities.
- In a letter to CM's private secretary, he offered to donate his three-room newly constructed house in Balitutha village of coastal Jagatsinghpur district to Odisha police.
- Foreign secretary Harsh Shringla and Japan’s ambassador Satoshi Suzuki signed the memorandum of cooperation (MoC) on Monday.
- The controversy around 'Tandav' has triggered demands that the government quickly enact a law to regulate content on OTT platforms such as Amazon Prime and Netflix.
- On January 12, after two days of deliberation, the Supreme Court had suspended the pro-reforms farm laws approved by Parliament in September.
- The exercise has been codenamed 'Desert Knight 21'.
- Nitish Kumar had said earlier that the BJP was still to hand over the list of probable candidates to be included in the cabinet.