News updates from Hindustan Times: Trinamool Congress releases new slogan ahead of Bengal polls and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
'Bengal wants its own daughter': Trinamool releases new slogan ahead of polls
A day after Union home minister Amit Shah said BJP's chief ministerial candidate for West Bengal will not be an outsider, the Trinamool Congress on Saturday released its new slogan for the upcoming Assembly elections in the state, which underlines the 'insider-outsider' debate. Read more
'PM Modi visited so many countries, but has no time to wipe tears of farmers': Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Saturday once again targeted the central government and Prime Minister Narendra Modi over farm laws, saying the PM visited many countries across the world but didn't meet protesting farmers to "wipe their tears'. Read more
Fuel price hike: Half-day bandh in Madhya Pradesh, protests in Delhi, Rajasthan
The Congress on Saturday took to streets in several states, including Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Delhi, protesting against the recent fuel price hike. Read more
Farhan Akhtar on Arjun Tendulkar bring trolled for nepotism: ‘Don’t weigh him down before he’s begun'
Farhan Akhtar has spoken in defense of Sachin Tendulkar's son Arjun Tendulkar who is being called a 'product of nepotism' after his selection into the Mumbai Indians. Read more
'Proud of your success': Sachin Tendulkar lauds Virat Kohli for sharing 'personal experiences'
India batting legend Sachin Tendulkar praised India captain Virat Kohli for a successful career and also applauded him for sharing personal experiences from his career. Read more
How to send voice DMs on Twitter
Twitter earlier this week announced it will start testing voice messages in DMs. This feature is being tested out in three countries globally including India, Brazil and Japan. Read more
Chef Vikas Khanna posts pic of roti with artwork. Tweeple are impressed
“How does one ever have the heart to cut/tear it?” that’s a reaction posted by a Twitter user on a recent image shared by celebrity chef Vikas Khanna. Read more
Katrina Kaif stuns in artistic lehengas, shows future Indian brides how its done
Bharat actor Katrina Kaif was one of the many celebrities to head to the Maldives, however, unlike the other Bollywood stars who have been travelling for pleasure, the Tiger Zinda Hai actor had taken the five day trip to the white sand island to a workcation. Read more
Watch: How to control soaring petrol & diesel prices? Nirmala Sitharaman answers
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Cryptocurrency is, however, not legally banned and the government is in the process of enacting a law on this matter.
- The PM asked the three services to rid themselves of legacy systems and practices that are no longer relevant.
- According to the police, some young men were dancing at the DJ night in a wedding ceremony, during which one of the accused pointed the pistol at the forehead of another youth.
- In January this year, Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde ruled out any reopening of courts for the present.
- The chargesheet was filed on Friday before a special NIA court against the accused persons-Bishnu Narzary, Nitul Daimary and Runiluish Daimary under several sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, Indian Penal Code and Arms Act.
- Rai said that door-to-door collection of funds for the Ram Temple construction has also been stopped.
- The central government has also rushed high-level multi-disciplinary public health teams to Maharashtra and Punjab in view of the increase in the number of daily new Covid-19 cases being reported by these states.