Katrina Kaif stuns in artistic lehengas, shows future Indian brides how its done
Bharat actor Katrina Kaif was one of the many celebrities to head to the Maldives, however, unlike the other Bollywood stars who have been travelling for pleasure, the Tiger Zinda Hai actor had taken the five day trip to the white sand island to a workcation. The actor turned entrepreneur was in the picturesque location in November of last year to shoot for the cover of couturier duo Falguni and Shane Peacock's Peacock magazine, and the resulting images are truly a sight to behold. In the many videos and images from the high fashion shoot, Katrina can be seen in a series of intricately embroidered and uniquely patterned bridal as well as fancy lehengas. The designer duo's Instagram page shared images of Katrina from the shoot for the quarterly (January, February, March) edition of the magazine, and Katrina was quoted in the caption as saying, ‘I keep my personal and professional life separate, but some characters have stayed with me longer than usual. But as an actor, the moment I take on a new role, I subconsciously push the old one to the back of my mind.’ The caption went on, 'Katrina opens up about building her brand 'Kay Beauty' and it's success, amongst many other things in the cover story,' dubbing Katrina as 'The Ikonic Star'.
Of the many stunning outfits Katrina donned, one was a gorgeous blue number that made her resemble a fairytale-like, embroidered land version of a mermaid with its huge, furry sleeves, tight bodice of the blouse and the fishtailed structure of her skirt. Katrina also wore a stunning deep red ensemble that had a very long train trailing behind the actor.
The 37-year-old also wore a shimmery gold and silver bralette and matching lehenga, another peach-pink outfit featured a high-low skirt with bunches of feathers placed sporadically all over and a blouse with huge feather-laden sleeves.
Another post had Katrina's response to how her roots have shaped her up as an actor, with her saying, "I think how you are, inherently shapes you as an actor. How you see life, what you understand of it, what you practice also adds to it." Speaking about acting as a craft, the Bang Bang actor responded, "Experiences and empathy are an actor's greatest assets. Once you know how to channel that, you can slip under the skin of any character, internalize it and think like them."
The makeup mogul was also quoted as saying, "I feel challenges are a part of every process. You either learn to tackle it and move forward or you feel stuck. Complacency is the death of inspiration. It is important to make sure you are connected to what you are doing."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.