'Ask no questions, hear no lies.' Alfea Jamal is a fashion, culture, travel and food writer. She also dabbles in video journalism, multimedia production, the culinary arts, design and is modestly decent with canvas.
Articles by Alfea Jamal
- This Teacher's Day 2021, let's take a look at some of the best onscreen and literary teachers that taught us how a gentle guiding hand can truly unleash your inner brave heart, genius and talent.
- Author Shaheen Chishti's The Granddaughter Project tells the stories of women from diverse but equally tragic backstories, from the Holocaust to the Bengali Famine. However, the one thread that ties them together is that they wish to give their granddaughters a brighter, hope-filled future.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West may be in the midst of divorce proceedings but the couple are sticking by when it comes to their fashionable outings.
- In her interview, Greta Thunberg spoke about a lot of things including her opinion on the fashion industry being a huge contributor to the climate-and ecological emergency, as well as its impact on workers and communities who are being exploited globally for some to enjoy fast fashion.
- Maitreya Ramakrishnan who plays Devi Vishwakumar in Netflix's Never Have I Ever shared, “When I was younger, I used to tell people, ‘Yeah, you can call me ‘My-tree’ like whatever, I don’t care’.
Vaidehi Dongre, a 25-year-old University of Michigan graduate who currently works as a business development manager shared, "I want to leave a positive lasting impact on my community and focus on women's financial independence and literacy."
- Kate Beckinsale said that these standards were imposed on all women, not just those in the glamour world, saying, "You're seen as too young, you're too old. Where is the f***ing sweet spot for women?"
- Camila Cabello shared an inspiring message of body positivity for her followers and fans, hitting out at trolls and body shamers, saying, "We are real women with curves and cellulite and stretch marks and fat. We got to own it..."
- Gigi Hadid recently posted a photo of a West African model walking in the streets of New York, and Gigi couldn't get enough of her style. The only issue? You can't see her face. Read on...
WATCH: Popular South Korean boy band BTS appeared in the Louis Vuitton film wearing never before seen looks designed by Virgil Abloh.
- Reality TV star and SKIMS founder Kim Kardashian recently took a trip to Rome but it seems the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star couldn't keep up and do as the Romans do.
- The greenish bronze statue shows Princess Diana, who was killed in a Paris car crash in 1997, surrounded by three children, which Kensington Palace said represented "the universality and generational impact" of her work.
- Kataluna Enriquez won the Miss Nevada pageant last week, in an aptly rainbow coloured gown, becoming the first transgender woman to be able to compete in the formerly Donald Trump owned Miss USA.
- Wimbledon has introduced unisex towels for all its players for the first time in its history, getting rid of the differently coloured traditional versions.
Britney Spears' younger sister Jamie Lynn Spears recently opened up about her sister's conservatorship, saying she had kept quiet as she was waiting for her sister to speak on the matter first. Adding that she was proud of Britney and that she would support her no matter what.
- In a creative attempt to highlight how the Maheshwar handloom weavers are suffering because of the coronavirus pandemic and also to promote their craft, Maheshwari weavers are encouraging vaccination using their stunning and colourful handloom sarees. See video...
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas explained that, "Representation matters," in regard to her collaboration with Victoria's Secret. Former Angel Tyra Banks showed support for the move saying the world is experiencing a 'beauty revolution'.
- Happy Father’s Day: Bollywood previously portrayed fathers as stuck up and strict, however with changing times, the portrayal of fathers in Bollywood has evolved too and more and more paternal figures on screen are moving away from patriarchy and toward feminism.
- If your saggy butt and muffin top are starting to bother you, or if you simply want to get fit to undo all the damage done during the coronavirus lockdown, here are some super fun and interesting tricks and tips for you to get back on the health bandwagon before its too late. Read on....
- For her 30th birthday, not too long after giving birth, new mommy, supermodel Emily Ratajkowski shared pictures of herself sporting the perfect bejewelled ensembles that were peak mermaidcore, a new viral fashion trend that has emerged from TikTok.
In a recent interview, Gigi Hadid shared, “I think that Khai will grow up feeling out the way that she can or wants to be a bridge for her different ethnicities.”
- Sushant Singh Rajput breathed his last in June 2020, and his Bandra home were it occurred has been put on rent. Sushant had once shared that his home is "a mix of everything, a concoction of my thoughts,” check out this video of the late actor giving a tour of one of his stunning Mumbai homes...
The hilarious video which has recently surfaced shows the lead actors including Jennifer Aniston, Matthew Perry, Courtney Cox, David Schwimmer, Lisa Kudrow and Matt LeBlanc trying to get more video for their then new show, in their underwear.
FLOTUS Jill Biden's fashionable outings have been the subject of much scrutiny simply because of the fact that her predecessor, Melania Trump, former President of the United States Donald Trump's wife, managed to offend people all across the globe with a number of her outfits.
PICS INSIDE| Mahua Moitra, the All India Trinamool Congress party candidate, shared in the interview with the magazine, "I speak what I’m thinking, I speak what I’m feeling. If I’m angry, that must come out. If I’m frustrated, that has to come out, too."
- ‘There’s a lot of emotion’, the Descendants fame actor, Dove Cameron shared that while her loved ones knew of her sexual identity, she only recently revealed this to the public, sharing that 'queer' and not 'bisexual' is a more apt label to describe her.
- The Daily Show host Trevor Noah shared that he never dreamed that he would make a living as a comedian, what home means to him and how travelling has changed his perspective. Read on...
ByAlfea Jamal | Edited by Alfea Jamal, Hindustan Times, Delhi
Masaba Gupta has always been all about that clean living and she recently opened up about managing her weight and health despite being diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Disease, saying, "Every thing I do is in order to keep my PCOD in control, which for me is directly linked to weight gain."
- Janhvi Kapoor chanelled her inner Boho Chic bride for the cover of Elle magazine's July issue and opened up about things close to her heart. From carrying forward Sridevi's legacy to being inspired by Alia Bhatt, Sara Ali Khan and Beyoncé, here's the low down of all she said...
Nobel Laureate Malala Yousafzai, who was the most famous person to graduate from Oxford University last year, is now the face of British Vogue's July issue and she is revealing a whole new side to herself. Excerpts from her interview...