Rain and snow to continue in Kashmir till Wednesday afternoon: MeT office
Rain and snowfall which continued in several parts of Kashmir on Tuesday have been forecast till Wednesday afternoon.
Rain has been lashing Kashmir valley since Sunday night while the upper reaches of the mountains in north Kashmir experienced snowfall. Snow also fell on the Drass-Sonmarg axis and in some parts of the Pir Panjal range.
The MeT said that there is light snowfall in some hilly areas of Jammu and Kashmir rain in some areas of Jammu region.
“Weather is overcast in Leh and generally cloudy in Kargil and Drass. Intermittent light to moderate snow with isolated heavy fall (on higher reaches) are most likely to continue till the afternoon of November 25,” the MeT office said.
It also said that there could be overall improvement in the weather from November 26 onwards.
Tourist spots of Gulmarg, Pahalgam and Sonmarg received fresh snowfall. Gulmarg received around one foot of snow. The administration has already closed the Mughal Road after fresh snowfall was reported in Shopian region.
The J&K Disaster Management department has warned of avalanches in the upper regions of Kashmir especially in northern parts and has asked people to remain vigilant.
Gulmarg recorded minus 2.1 degrees Celsius on Monday night, while Srinagar recorded maximum 2.7 degree Celsius and minimum 0.6 degree Celsius.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- “The chief minister is corrupt so he’s being controlled by the prime minister,” said Gandhi during his roadshow in Karur district.
- Police arrested the 32-year-od man from the airport while he was waiting to catch a fight for Dubai
- Union home secretary Ajay Bhalla said that states must check the spread rumours, and direct all the concerned authorities to take appropriate measures to counter false information about Covid-19 vaccines.
- The Maha Vir Chara and the Vir Chara are India's second and third highest wartime gallantry award.
- In November, the MNM promised a computer with high-speed internet for every home in its seven-point governance and economic agenda.
- Akash-NG is a new generation surface-to-air missile meant for use by Indian Air Force to intercept high maneuvering low radar cross-section aerial threats.