Smriti Irani, Jaishankar post photos with daughters on National Girl Child Day
Union ministers Smriti Irani and S Jaishankar on Sunday posted photographs with their daughters on social media on the occasion of National Girl Child Day, which is observed in India every year on January 24, to mark the day.
"My daughters are my pride who have set out onto different frontiers with determination and confidence. Give a shoutout to a #DeshKiBeti and celebrate their achievements," Smriti Irani, the minister of women and child development, and textiles, posted along with a photo with daughters Shanelle and Zoish. It was the ministry of women and child development that started the initiate of celebrating National Girl Child Day back in 2008.
External affairs minister S Jaishankar posted two photos of him with daughter Medha Jaishankar, who is a Los Angles-based producer. "Daughters - a special joy, a unique bond. Their accomplishments always make us proud," the minister wrote. One of the photos shows a much younger Jaishankar when Medha was a kid.
Railways minister Piyush Goyal shared some photos of his family on the occasion of the National Girl Child Day where his daughter Radhika can be seen. Union health minister Dr Harsh Vardhan posted a photo of his two daughters Inakshi and Ankita.
Having a daughter is a blessing, wrote Shiv Sena leader Priyanka Chaturvedi sharing a photo of daughter Anitra Chaturvedi. "Selfie partner, best friend, drama mate, healer of my troubles, source of my joy," she captioned.
Arunachal Chief Minister Pema Khandu, Karnataka health minister Dr K Sudhakar too took to Twitter posting photos with their daughter.
This year, Uttarakhand is celebrating the National Girl Child Day in a different way as Haridwar's Srishti Goswami, a BSc agriculture student, will be the chief minister of the state for today.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The meeting came a week after Tewari and other letter writers, the group has been tagged the G23, addressed a meeting in Jammu in honour of retired MP Ghulam Nabi Azad.
- In Tamil Nadu, the Congress is in alliance with the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagham (DMK).
- The observations from the Union health ministry come a day after the country reported the largest single-day increase in new Covid-19 infections in two months.
- Smriti Irani says, "I’m the only female politician who’s also recognised by her former vocation. I recognise the bias in that."
- An official said that both Houses could meet at 11 am from the second week following the vaccination of eligible MPs.
- A suicide note found at the spot said they took the decision because of acute financial distress, an official said.
- The changes have been opposed by some states who see it as another attempt by the Centre to take over mining auctions and impose central rules on a state domain.
- A re-invigorated biodiversity management policy is India’s survival strategy. At this point in our development trajectory, we don’t pay any heed to either biodiversity or landscape conservation.
- According to Forest Survey of India’s forest fire alert system, there were 2,317 fire points last year between February 26 and March 7, but the figure rose to 53,211 this time after data from the Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (SNPP) was taken into account.