2 killed, 5 injured in accident in Samba
Two persons were killed and five others were injured when a Tempo skidded off the road and rolled down into a gorge in Samba district today, police said.
A Tempo skidded off the road and rolled down into a gorge in Chowdi Khud in Samba district, a police officer said.
The victims were identified as 52-year-old Ashok Kumar and 17-year-old Romy Choudhary, he said, adding the injured have been hospitalised.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On December 24, the All India Congress Committee (AICC) formally approved a tie-up with the Left parties in Bengal.
- The Bharatiya Kisan Union (Lokshakti) said it was ending the protest because it had lost direction.
- "However, international scheduled flights may be allowed on selected routes by the competent authority on a case-to-case basis," the Directorate General of Civil Aviation said. The suspension does not affect the operation of international all-cargo operations and flights specifically approved by it.
- The CPI (M), however, distanced itself from the incident saying a clash between two groups led to the killing.
- The theme of the tableau was the main symbols that represent the religious legacy and biodiversity of the Himalayan state. The tableau called ‘Kedarkhand’ which was displayed in the parade focussed on the Kedarnath shrine.