4 Maoist sympathisers held, training camps busted at Saranda
Four Maoist sympathisers were detained and six training camps razed to the ground by security forces during the five-day operation at Saranda forest in Jharkhand, a senior police officer said.
The four hard-core Maoist accomplices told their interrogators that the Maoists had been running schools besides their training camps to indoctrinate children at a tender age as well as elders, DIG (Kolhan) Navin Kumar Singh told PTI.
Asked about the number of Maoists killed, Singh said there was no update from the earlier report about 10-12 Maoists getting killed.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Irani was speaking about ‘Women Power in Democracy', at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication in New Delhi.
- Following an agreement last month on pulling back frontline troops along with armoured vehicles and artillery from strategic heights around Pangong Lake, the two sides have been unable to make progress on disengagement at other friction points such as Depsang, Hot Springs and Gogra.
- The UK home secretary signed off on Mallya’s extradition to India more than two years ago but his return to India has been held up because of secret legal proceedings, according to the British government. Mallya is learnt to have applied for asylum in the UK.
- It said that the test was carried out using a booster motor to simulate an air-launch scenario. The nozzle-less booster propelled the missile to the required Mach number for Ramjet operation.