All India Rly cricket championship from March 3
The 53rd All India Railway Men's cricket championship will be held here from March 3 to 13.
S Anantharaman, Chief Commercial Manager of Southern Railway, told reporters that Ranji Trophy players from various states who could not find a berth in the Indian Railway team in the national (Ranji) championship, would be seen in action in the 11-day event.
The matches, being conducted by the Southern Railway Sports Association (SRSA), will be held in two turf grounds here - Railways and ICF. The matches (50-over-a-side) would be held in a round-robin format.
Among the six teams in the fray - Southern Railway, North Eastern, East Central, South Eastern, Chittaranjan Loco Works and Diesel Locomotive Works - the top two finishers will qualify for the knock-out stage, to be held by Konkan Railways in Mumbai later.
Anantharaman,who is also Secretary of the host association, said SRSA has in its ranks P Prashant and Rohan Prem, who had represented Kerala in the Ranji trophy.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- According to the IMD's forecast, Friday and Saturday may see higher daytime temperatures that could rise to 39 degrees Celsius.
- A police officer said that the complainant's status as witness in the case of alleged sexual exploitation against former minister Ramesh Jarkiholi is also unclear.
- On Wednesday, the Centre had submitted a note prepared by Department of Financial Services (DFS) which did not agree with the Court’s suggestion to create additional courts as a solution to curb high pendency of Section 138 cases.
- Indore was ranked the ninth-best city among cities with over a million population.
- Pradhan, who has written at least three letters to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik demanding immediate implementation of 27 per cent quota for OBC category, in a statement said that his demand for reservation in jobs and education remain unaddressed till date.
- General Bipin Rawat said the Indian armed forces face greater challenges than any other military in the world and India urgently needs to bring about structural reforms in higher defence and operational organisations.
- The bills passed by the assembly are the Arunachal Pradesh Civil Courts Bill, the Arunachal Pradesh Goods and Service Tax (Amendment) Bill, the Arunachal Pradesh Ease of Doing Business Bill and the Arunachal Pradesh Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill.
- Akhilesh Yadav launched a similar attack against EVMs during the 2019 Lok Sabha elections citing news clippings on malfunctioning of EVMs.