Be soul conscious
We all remain trapped in a body-conscious situation all the time. We think all the time about our names, our homes, our wealth and all other materialistic things.
If somebody has complimented me for my “handsome looks” or for anything else, my ego feels flattered. If somebody has ignored me, my feelings become disturbed and I feel as if I have been insulted.
Feeling honoured or insulted, this process goes on at every step because we keep on repeating: My house, my job, my family, my city and my, my, my…!
What all these things show? They simply exhibit that we are living in a body-conscious situation all the time. We are giving too much importance to this body and its belongings. It is sad that only this kind of thoughts keep us busy all the time. The reality is not our body but our soul. Because our soul is immortal, I, you and we all have been taking births and dying since times immemorial. And this process will go on and on till our soul attains salvation.
It is advised by the great seers that while performing the worldly deeds, one should shut one’s eyes at intervals and retrospect. Tell yourself that “my reality is not that I am a body but I have to consider myself as a soul. I should try to become 'ashriri' which means that I have to become completely detached from my body.”
One should have similar thoughts regarding one’s family members and about other human beings too; and should think about them that they too are all souls.
While doing so, we have to perform good deeds and help others by showing love and sympathy. We should be particularly sensitive and caring about those people who are in distress and need help immediately.
In this way, we can see 'soul' in all the living beings; and can thus become soul-conscious.
And that would be the way to go in life.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- "Inspired by the honest governance of chief minister Arvind Kejriwal and hard work of MLA Raghav Chadha, I chose to join the Aam Aadmi Party..." said Mansi Sehgal
- Uttar Pradesh opened schools in a phased manner with physical classes for Classes 1 to 5 from Monday and for those in Classes 6 to 8, schools restarted from February 10.
- The states of Goa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh have not imposed any travel restrictions so far.
- Nadda claimed that since the BJP was working to carry the country forward, therefore, those with the opportunity to work in the BJP were lucky
- Co-Win's citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines, the government has said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel in New Delhi on Monday stood at ₹91.17 per litre and ₹81.47 per litre respectively.
- The decision to bring in a slew of new rules to help the state curb the rising number of cases was taken by Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh after a meeting with health experts and senior officers on February 23.