Bips snapped kissing soccer star Ronaldo?
After Shilpa Shetty, it’s Bipasha Basu who’s making news in the UK.
The Daily Star on Tuesday ran a front-page picture of Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, 22, kissing Bipasha, 28, in Lisbon where they’d gone for the Seven Wonders show recently.
The picture — titled Ronaldo Plays Away — was taken on stage when the two were naming Mexico’s Chichen Itza pyramid as one of the new Wonders.
According to the Daily Star, the two were spotted later in the evening at a party at the Belem Club getting physical with each other. Cristiano Ronaldo is reported to be in a relationship with glamour model Gemma Atkinson.
Another tabloid, Metro, ran a similar story and picture titled Are You Playing Away, Cristiano?The Mirror and The Sun have also carried the story with the same photograph.
The Asian community snapped up the story eagerly. On being contacted on her cell phone, Bipasha said: “Yes, it is me in the picture. It was taken at an opportune moment and has been taken out of context. Again, it looks like a case of irresponsible assumptions.”
Bipasha is back in Mumbai.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The situation in the Ladakh sector remains tense and the ongoing military and diplomatic dialogue has not yielded results.
- A school teacher said more than 200 cows destroyed the kitchen garden and at least 100 plants of flowers, fruits and medicinal plant in the school premises.
- The circular said that all officers and personnel as well as CAPF and any other force deployed for the Republic Day Parade security arrangements should be made aware and be prepared that they will be required for law and order arrangements immediately after the official celebration is over.
- Delhi traffic police requested road users to accordingly plan their journies and avoid the route of parade and tableaux, from 4 am to 12:30 pm for their own convenience.
- According to the FIR registered by the police, the estimated value of the tiger skin that was seized is ₹40 lakh in the international market.
- One CA was arrested on Saturday along with four businessmen in Jaipur for operating 25 fake firms to fraudulently avail and pass on input tax credit.
- While addressing a press conference, Congress General Secretary Ajay Maken demanded an explanation of how exactly has the government spent ₹20 lakh crore that it "collected by multiple hikes in excise duty on both petrol and diesel" in last six years.