BJP condemns L-G's remark
The BJP on Thursday condemned Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna’s comment on north Indians’ tendency to violate laws saying that it was statements like these which had led to the current unrest in Mumbai.
“He is a representative of the Constitution and must not make such remarks.He must withdraw comment failing which action must be initiated against him,” party spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy stated.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The games in Gulmarg will see participation of 1200 athletes from 27 states and Union Territories (UTs) besides the armed forces personnel.
- Dantewada SP rubbished the allegations saying the deceased surrendered in front of the media and her interrogation report and statements of other Maoists showed clearly that she was working as a CNM member.
- The meeting which was held between the Director Generals of Military Operations of India and Pakistan also reviewed the current situation across the Line of Control (LoC) and other sectors ‘in a free, frank and cordial atmosphere’, the statement said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- China has been carrying out rapid military-infra upgrade across the Upper Subansiri district in Arunachal Pradesh including at least three new bridges, troop sheds and a new 66-kilometre road