'BJP-INLD alliance for lust for power'
Terming the electoral alliance between BJP and Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) as "unholy and unprincipled", ruling Congress in Haryana on Wednesday said the tie-up has been clinched for "fulfilling their lust for power".
"Both BJP leader L K Advani and INLD supremo Om Prakash Chautala had been criticizing each other till recently but have now started courting each other only to fulfill their lust of power", PCC chief Phool Chand Mullana told media persons in Sirsa.
He claimed "this opportunistic pact" would help Congress in coming Lok Sabha polls.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Even though the case was posted for February 4, the court heard the case on Wednesday based on the request of the former Tamil Nadu CM's family.
- An apex court bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde said that all endeavours should be made to ensure appointments come through in a time-bound manner.
- The TMC, however, has hit back calling it the height of hypocrisy and refuting the charges as baseless allegations.
- Leaders of the Samyukt Kisan Morcha, the platform of farm unions leading the protests, on Wednesday apologised for the violent events in Delhi that have dented the credibility of the movement.
- Singh and Pompili will preside over the signing of a letter of intent between the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) and the French Development Agency (AFD) for developing a floating solar plant of up to 150 MW.
- Mamata Banerjee has recently appointed coordinators for the five assembly constituencies in East Midnapore district, the home turf of former TMC stalwart Suvendu Adhikari who joined the BJP on December 19.
- As part of the strategy, the Andhra Pradesh government on Tuesday issued an order announcing hefty cash incentives to be given to gram panchayats where sarpanches and ward members are elected unanimously without any contest.
- The defence ministry said Rajnath Singh received an "introductory telephone call" from the newly-appointed US Secretary of Defence Austin and that the two leaders reaffirmed their commitment to work together to strengthen defence cooperation and the strategic partnership between the two countries.