Bone chilling temperature claims one
The Freezing temperature has claimed one more life in the holy city of Amritsar on Wednesday.
With this, so far bone-chilling temperature had claimed nine lives in Amritsar in the past one month, from the beginning of New Year, official sources said.
Police said a body of an unidentified youth aged 22 was found early in the morning in the open, near the Golden Temple. Meanwhile, due to cold conditions as many as 18 people have died in Punjab and Haryana.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The games in Gulmarg will see participation of 1200 athletes from 27 states and Union Territories (UTs) besides the armed forces personnel.
- Dantewada SP rubbished the allegations saying the deceased surrendered in front of the media and her interrogation report and statements of other Maoists showed clearly that she was working as a CNM member.
- The meeting which was held between the Director Generals of Military Operations of India and Pakistan also reviewed the current situation across the Line of Control (LoC) and other sectors ‘in a free, frank and cordial atmosphere’, the statement said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- China has been carrying out rapid military-infra upgrade across the Upper Subansiri district in Arunachal Pradesh including at least three new bridges, troop sheds and a new 66-kilometre road