CBI continues search
The CBI carried out fresh searches at Dr Rajesh Talwar’s house and that of his family friends — Dr Praful and Anita Durani — on Saturday. The quarters of Krishna and Durani’s domestic help, Raj Kumar, picked up by the CBI for questioning, were also searched. Search operation, which started around 7 am, continued till late in the evening. Clothes, a khukri and other materials found in Krishna’s room have been sent for forensic examination.
An anonymous letter received by the CBI stating that the crime weapon was dumped in Sector 60 drain led them to search that drain too.
A CBI team led by Joint Director Arun Kumar reached Talwar’s place and searched the terrace. Another CBI team went to Durani’s house in Sector 53. They also took the domestic help, Raj Kumar, inside and stayed there for around 15 minutes.
Krishna and Kumar’s quarters were sealed by the agency.
“CBI officials asked us whether any knife, blade, blood stained clothes or newspaper was recovered from the garbage collected from L block on May 16,” said Vijay Kumar Shah, supervisor of the company, which collects garbage from Sector 25, Jalvayu Vihar.
The CBI team also went to the garbage dumping site.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Khan won from the Chainpur Assembly seat on a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) ticket in the 2020 assembly elections and is all set to join JD-U soon.
- Since January 16, a total of 10,514 healthcare workers have been vaccinated in Uttarakhand in 171 sessions.
- The PM is scheduled to address a public rally at Jerenga Pathar in Sivasagar district on Saturday and distribute land allotment certificates to over 1,06,000 landless people.
- The petitioner, had joined the 3-year law course at Law Centre-II of the Faculty of Law, Delhi University in August 2016. She was a married woman who attended the evening law course and successfully cleared three semesters. In the fourth semester, she became pregnant and could not attend classes.
- The child-friendly police station has been developed under an initiative by the state commission for protection of child rights and police to provide a friendly environment to the children on the streets to prevent them from stepping into the world of crime.