CBI searches nursing home, guest house
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) got cracking on the kidney racket probe on Monday as its investigators, accompanied by forensic experts, carried out thorough searches at several places in Gurgaon — at the nursing home where the illegal transplants used to take place, the guesthouse where foreign clients used to be lodged and six other locations, including other nursing homes.
Sources said most of the leads about Monday's raids emerged from the alleged mastermind of the racket, Dr Amit Kumar, who was on Sunday remanded in CBI custody till February 22. "While the nursing home and the guest house were searched by the Haryana and Uttar Pradesh Police earlier, we are looking for specific elements. The tips about other locations we raided emerged after Amit's interrogation, which is on," said a CBI official close to the investigations.
According to officials, one of the main areas of probe that Kumar was being grilled about was the racket's international links. After being deported from Nepal on Saturday, this was the third day in a row the CBI questioned Kumar, termed by the media as "Dr Horror". "We have to ascertain several facts and claims coming out of the interrogation. Depending on that, we hope to achieve a speedy breakthrough since they come from the kingpin himself," he said.
While a major breakthrough is awaited, the central probe agency on Monday took charge of three of Amit's alleged accomplices from the Uttar Pradesh police.
A Gurgaon court remanded Dr Upendra, Jagdish Nai and Gyasuddin, arrested by the Moradabad police, in CBI custody till February 16. Upendrea, considered another vital link in the racket's local operations, ran a nursing home in Faridabad.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.
- Mann Ki Baat is also being aired live on the All India Radio, Doordarshan, Narendra Modi mobile app and the YouTube channels of AIR, DD News, PMO and the Union information and broadcasting ministry.
- The forest clearance is the latest in a long line of clearances that have been granted for the project
- The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams board also decided to frame certain guidelines for taking over of temples by the TTD and for providing them financial assistance under Sri Vani Trust.