CSE launches website on rainwater harvesting
Amidst growing crisis of water, the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) today launched a website to create water literacy and inform people about rainwater harvesting methods.
"Rainwater harvesting is part of the solution to the growing water crisis. But implementation remains poor because of inadequate information. This is the gap we are trying to fill through our website," CSE director Sunita Narain said at the launch.
The website 'www.Rainwaterharvesting.org' covers the complex dimensions of water and its use in society. It highlights traditional and contemporary rainwater harvesting technologies specific to the country's 15 eco-regions and identifies rainwater harvests in different regions.
Adding a touch of glamour to the pressing issue is noted actress Nandita Das' 90-second public service advertisement to promote rainwater harvesting. The water literacy advertisement made in English and Hindi also marks Nandita's directorial debut which she has done with her husband and creative director, Soumya Sen.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttar Pradesh opened schools in a phased manner with physical classes for Classes 1 to 5 from Monday and for those in Classes 6 to 8, schools restarted from February 10.
- The states of Goa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh have not imposed any travel restrictions so far.
- Nadda claimed that since the BJP was working to carry the country forward, therefore, those with the opportunity to work in the BJP were lucky
- Co-Win's citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines, the government has said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel in New Delhi on Monday stood at ₹91.17 per litre and ₹81.47 per litre respectively.
- The decision to bring in a slew of new rules to help the state curb the rising number of cases was taken by Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh after a meeting with health experts and senior officers on February 23.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Protest enters Day 96, stalemate continues between protesting farmers' unions and Centre.