Dawood's frontman Sharma convicted
Romesh Sharma, alleged frontman of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, was on Friday convicted by a Delhi court for hatching conspiracy to murder his fashion designer girlfriend Kunjum Budhiraja.
Five others including his nephew Surinder Mishra, Hemchand, Santram, Ramesh and woman accused Tejinder Virdi alias Dolly were also found guilty for entering into a conspiracy to eliminate Budhiraja.
They were convicted under section 302 and 120-B of Indian Penal Code.
The court fixed February 18 for hearing arguments on the quantum of sentence.
Another woman accused Jaspreet Virdi alias Sonu was acquitted for want of evidence.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On February 23, a Maoist camp was destroyed and an ambush against security forces was foiled by police in Gadchiroli district.
- Centre releases 2020 ‘Ease of Living Index’, experts cite women safety, transportation to explain outcome
- A single-phase election to 234 assembly seats is scheduled for April 6 in Tamil Nadu.
- The protesting farmers will block the six-lane Western Peripheral Expressway, also known as Kundli–Manesar–Palwal (KMP) Expressway for five hours, from 11 am to till 4 pm, Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) announced on Wednesday.
- Former Goa CM and BJP stalwart Manohar Parrikar's son Utpal admitted he was breaking ranks with the party but stopped short of saying he was rebelling.