Doherty at loggerheads with tabloid
Troubled 'Babyshambles' frontman Pete Doherty has slammed British newspaper The Sun for publishing 'ridiculously offensive 'story' and pictures that show him injecting an unconscious female fan with drugs in his flat.
In a message on the Babyshambles website, the rocker wrote that the 'story' by the paper was not only 'upsetting' but also 'personally catastrophic', and that the photos were a 'staged shot'.
"Just a note to note the unjust Sun's disturbing and ridiculously offensive 'story'. Firstly the photo's are stolen from my flat so... upsetting and personally catastrophic. How rude. Secondly, its a staged shot and what a f**king liberty to suggest I'd bang up a sleeping ",Contactmusic quoted him, as stating on his website.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.
- The research says the average compensation paid for human death in the country is ₹1,91,437, and the average compensation paid for injury is ₹6,185.