Exams suspended for World Cup
A Bangladesh university has postponed exams until after the World Cup finals after hundreds of students lay siege to the vice-chancellor's office.
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology had earlier rejected students' calls to postpone exams scheduled for June 3-29.
"The classes will remain suspended until July 14," an official at the university in the capital said on Monday.
Bangladesh failed to qualify for the World Cup finals, which will be hosted by Germany from June 9 to July 9.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Only around 25,000 spectators will be allowed to witness the parade as compared to the average of 1.15 lakh people every year.
- Republic Day 2021 Live Updates: The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial.
- The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial. He will lead the nation in paying tributes to the fallen heroes by laying a wreath.
- The claim, that the portrait was based on Bengali actor Prosenjit Chatterjee, popularly known as Bumba, who played Bose in a 2019 movie, Gumnaami gathered momentum.
- The latest incident took place at Naku La area, which is at a height of over 5,000 metres, on January 20, when Chinese soldiers attempted to intrude into the Indian territory.
- The state government, got adjournments from the high court in the last two hearings citing the pendency of the similar petitions before the Supreme Court.