Force India's Fisichella fastest in practice
Giancarlo Fisichella records the best time during private practice at the Montmelo circuit, which will host the fourth Grand Prix of the season on April 27.Updated: Apr 15, 2008 22:33 IST
Force India's Giancarlo Fisichella recorded the best time during private practice on Tuesday morning at the Montmelo circuit, which will host the fourth Grand Prix of the season on April 27.
The Italian managed 1min 19.721 seconds on this track near Barcelona, about half a second faster than second-placed Felipe Massa of Ferrari, who won the last Formula One Grand Prix in Bahrain on April 6.
Third was the McLaren of Lewis Hamilton, ahead of two-time world champion Fernando Alonso in a Renault, a good result for the French team which has been trying to improve its R28 following a disappointing start of the season.
1. Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA/Force India) 1.19.721 (45 laps)
2. Felipe Massa (BRA/Ferrari) 1.20.326 (60)
3. Lewis Hamilton (ENG/McLaren) 1.20.452 (53)
4. Fernando Alonso (ESP/Renault) 1.20.632 (72)
5. Nico Rosberg (GER/Williams-Toyota) 1.20.800 (48)
6. Nick Heidfeld (GER/BMW-Sauber) 1.21.391 (55)
7. David Coulthard (GBR/Red Bull-Renault) 1.21.474 (24)
8. Rubens Barrichello (BRA/Honda) 1.21.711 (42)
9. Timo Glock (GER/Toyota) 1.21.731 (49)