Helplines for the board examinations
With Board examinations just round the corner, for students suffering from exam jitters, relief is just a phone call away. CBSE began its tele-counselling service for the students from February 1, 2006.Updated: Feb 07, 2006 13:15 IST
With Board examinations just round the corner, for students suffering from exam jitters, relief is just a phone call away.
The Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE) began its tele-counselling service for the students from February 1, while another helpline, Disha, has been launched by the NGO Snehi.
Using the CBSE helpline, which will be in service till March 31, the students will be able to contact as many as 40 principals and trained counsellors, the Board said. }
The tele-counselling service will be available through Interactive Voice Response System mode.
Snehi's helpline Disha
, which started functioning on
,2006 will be operational till March 2.
The Disha helpline, into its eighth year now, will be available on the number
Some Tips For Students To Deal With Stress
• Make realistic study plans
• Assess priorities, assets and difficulties
• Follow a normalized routine atmosphere at home should be recommended.
• Take frequent breaks.
• Do not completely strip off TV or entertainment and outings.
• Feel comfortable about oneself.
• Imagining extreme consequences and worst situations is of no use and needs to be discouraged.
• It is helpful to make the student see what he can accomplish in the remaining time is not negligible.
• Constant encouragement and reassurance is essential from all significant members in the school and family.
• It is important that the student is clear about how to take the examination, how to tackle questions and how to manage time.
• Students tend to magnify failures and try to talk to them out of it. They should not demean themselves, manage time.
• Advise them to contact the teachers or counselors if they feel low or anxious or disinterested in studies.
(The tips have been suggested by CBSE)
First Published: Feb 07, 2006 13:15 IST