I have faith in Kejriwal: Anna
Anna Hazare, one-time mentor of AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said that he has faith that Kejiriwal would perform well as Delhi chief minister.
Kejriwal was sworn in on Saturday as Delhi's chief minister at the Ramlila Maidan.
"We were together for a long, I have faith that Kejriwal will do good work: Anna Hazare," Anna said to reporters.
During the swearing-in ceremony Kejriwal mentioned his mentor saying, "Anna Hazare was opposed to entering into politics. I told him that we will have to enter it to clean it."
Kejriwal became a recognized figure when he flanked Anna during the Lokpal Bill protests.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- One of the infected students who took the first dose of the vaccine early last month, died at Begusarai on March 1, after testing positive for SARS CoV-2 on February 25.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- The IAF contingent arrived in Colombo on February 27. The Suryakiran Aerobatic Team had taken part in the SLAF’s golden jubilee celebrations two decades ago.
- At least eight policemen were injured in the two-hour mayhem that began around 9.30 am.
- Bharat Biotech developed the country’s first indigenous vaccine, Covaxin, in partnership with ICMR.
- The military is expected to make a presentation to the PM on the situation along the borders and progress made towards the creation of theatre commands.
- Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik has alleged that the raids on Anurag Kashyap and Tapsee Pannu were an attempt to suppress the voice of those who speak against the central government.
- Khandu said, he had recently asked the chief secretary to compile details of such reserve forests and send a proposal to the Centre with a request to use such forest land for carrying out development work.
- Five jawans were taking part in a night firing practice when the incident took place.
- Santosh is planning to set up a Green India Foundation to take up the tree plantation programme extensively and also spread it to other parts of the country.
- the Tibetan government-in-exile, had asked the Centre and the Kangra district medical officer to vaccinate the Dalai Lama and those working around him at the earliest,