ITC Contest Terms and Conditions
ITC Contest Terms and Conditionsindia Updated: Dec 27, 2010 16:20 IST
Fiama Di Wills Nature and Science Contest
1. The contest shall run from 5th December, 2009 to 30th January, 2010 on consecutive Saturday.
2. Everyday consecutive Saturday starting from 5th December, 2009, a Story will appear in HT City and Hindustan Remix a supplement of newspaper “Hindustan Times” and “Hindustan”, the story will feature an exotic natural or scientific technology that goes into making of a Fiama Di Wills product and will have a unique SMS code assigned to it.
3. At the end of the said Story a question based on the Story will appear along with three answers.
4. Out of the three answers given readers/participants will have to SMS back the correct answer as their entry in the contest between 4:00 am and 6:00 pm during the day.
5. 100 correct random entries shall be selected as winner and shall be contacted personally for distribution of the Prizes.
6. Details of Prize:
A. Holiday Tour for 2 to Kuala Lumpur.
B. 100 Fiama Di Wills gift hampers every week.
These Terms & Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “General Rules”) are applicable to all the participants/contestants of the ‘Fiama Di Wills Nature and Science Contest’ (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”) promoted / organized by ITC in association with M/s HT Media Limited (hereinafter referred to as HTML). The Rules can be amended or varied from time to time by HTML.
1. Participation is restricted to residents of Delhi and NCR (Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad and Faridabad) & Kanpur only. Participation in the Contest is purely voluntary. No entry fee is payable for participation in the Contest except prevailing SMS rates as per the respective telecom operator’s premium charges, as applicable on SMS.
2. Employees of ITC & HTML, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
3. During the Contest period, copies of Hindustan Times [Delhi Edition] & Hindustan [Delhi Edition] shall also be made available free of cost at all HTML offices in Delhi & Mumbai on first-come-first-serve basis till the stock lasts.
4. Participants/Readers can send in their entries through SMS at 54242. No other means of participation will be accepted for the contest.
5. Only those entries, which are received by HTML between 4:00 am and 6:00 pm on that particular day will be considered valid. HTML shall not be responsible in any way for failure/delays of any backend technology and the resultant inability of a reader to send in his entry or register/participate in the contest.
6. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries. Only those participants who SMS the correct entry (as determined by HTML) shall be eligible to participate in the contest.
7. The participant must use the mobile number for sending contest entries for which valid ownership proof can be provided. In case multiple entries are received from the same mobile phone number, only the last entry received shall be considered as the valid entry. All other previously received entries will be rejected. At the time of collecting prize, winners shall be required to satisfy HTML that winning entry was sent by them by producing appropriate verification of their mobile number to HTML’s satisfaction & photo ID. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified. In case of the mobile numbers, which gets selected for the Bumper Prize, only the person in whose name the mobile number is registered is eligible to come to the Prizes.
8. Decision of ITC/HTML with respect to selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners.
9. Prizes shall not be substituted for cash or for other prizes at any stage of the Contest nor the HTML shall be responsible for the redemption of Gift Hampers or any issue associated therewith.
10. Only one Bumper Prize or Gift Hamper will be awarded per telephone number in a day, irrespective of the number of times of participation in a day. Same number will however be eligible for participating in the contest next day.
11. Brands shown as Gift Hampers are only indicative of the prize type, brand, color or model specification and are subject to change.
12. Participant must be at least 18 years or more of age on the date of entering / participating in the contest. Date of Birth proof to HTML’s satisfaction is mandatory to claim the prize, in case of winning the contest. Only the winners shall be informed by HTML in such manner as may be decided by HTML from time to time.
13. HTML will inform every winner twice. In case the winner doesn’t respond even after the second reminder or in the event of any winner choosing not to accept a prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize or if HTML is unable to reach/contact the winner at his mobile number from which entries were sent for the contest HTML shall have the absolute discretion to deal with such prize as it deems fit.
14. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control.
15. Participant/Winner understands and agree that no cost, claims, liability of whatsoever nature arising in relation to any unfortunate event/mis-happening during the travel and/or in the during the trip to Kualalumpur against HTML, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance.
16. The Participant/Winner further agrees that HTML cannot be made responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Participant/Winner during the trip to Kualalumpur or as a result of accepting to participate in the Contest.
17. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favor of HTML by participating in the contest.
18. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant’s/winner’s name, particulars, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest. HTML may also require participants/winners to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
19. The winners of the prizes in Delhi shall be required to come to the offices of HTML at HT House, 18-20, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001 and or such other place as HTML may notify, to collect their prizes on presentation of photo ID Card/address proof/age proof/mobile ownership proof. All costs and expenses for collection of prizes shall be borne by winners.
20. This prize/offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer nor the prize(s) are transferable and no such request shall be entertained by HTML.
21. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses, loss or damages related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
22. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the offer/prize. The winner may submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize money (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize money. Alternatively, ITC/HTML will be deducting taxes at source on the prize money, therefore, the person claiming the prize money/winning amount must furnish his PAN number while claiming the prize money/winning amount and in absence of PAN number, ITC/HTML will not issue any TDS certificate to the winner.
23. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
24. It is understood by the Participants and/or the Winners that, the Bumper Prize is being sponsored by Travel House, Travel Partner of this Contest/ITC and therefore, HTML shall not be responsible for any defects/inadequacy/deficiency in the said prizes and would not be liable to replace/exchange the prizes at any stage of the contest period.
25. Winners of Bumper Prize will be responsible for providing all Travel related documents as required by the travel partner (Travel House)/ITC including Passport and VISA. The Winners will also need to bear any cost with respect to such documents.
26. In case a winner is not able to avail the Bumper Prize due to lack of any document or any other reason whatsoever, the prize will not be replaced/transferred to any other person or compensated with cash. Such prizes will be forfeited and may be used as deemed fit by ITC.
27. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions
28. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the activity is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant/Winner to the fullest extent permitted by law.
29. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.