Judicial custody of Sameer Kulkarni extended till Feb 28
The judicial custody of Sameer Kulkarni, an accused in the Malegaon blast incident, was extended to February 28 by a local court in connection with a case of arson at a Church in Jabalpur last year.india Updated: Feb 16, 2009 23:43 IST
The judicial custody of Sameer Kulkarni, an accused in the Malegaon blast incident, was on Monday extended to February 28 by a local court in connection with a case of arson at a Church in Jabalpur last year.
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Sanjay Singh, rejected Kulkarni’s plea that he was forcibly grilled at the Central Jail in Jabalpur by Madhya Pradesh Police in connection with the case.
The Judge said prima facie it did not appear that Kulkarni was “forcibly questioned”.
On two other applications filed by Kulkarni - one related to contempt of court and other seeking permission to contest ensuing Lok Sabha elections - the court reserved its order till February 24 on the former and said it will hear the plea regarding contesting polls in the next hearing.
Singh also asked the authorities of the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai and Central Jail, Jabalpur, to ensure that Kulkarni is provided adequate food during his train travels as per the Jail manual after his counsels told the court that their client was denied meals during the journey.
The court also asked the authorities of both jails to furnish before it the expenditure borne by them in providing food to Kulkarni during his train travels.