Key accused Saraj Kumar surrenders
Dr Saraj Kumar, the anesthetist wanted in the kidney racket, surrendered in a local court here in a dramatic development on Monday.
Dr Saraj is charged with giving anesthesia to the victims as well as recipients of the illegal kidney trade. Talking to the Hindustan Times, however, he said he was a visiting anesthetist at many hospitals and visited Dr Amit's hospital as and when requested.
"I am a professional anesthetist and visited Dr Amit's Sector 23 hospital on January 22 for the first time as Dr KK Aggarwal was not available. Then I left for Mumbai and remained there for a few days. After this I came back to my Yamuna Vihar home, where I also run a small clinic," Dr Saraj said.
Dr KK Aggarwal, arrested from Alwar district in Rajasthan by the Moradabad Police, was allegedly the regular anesthetist employed by Dr Amit.
Dr Saraj claimed he did his MD from Gorakhpur Medical College and MBBS from Kanpur. He said he worked at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, Delhi, as a senior resident doctor for some time.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The games in Gulmarg will see participation of 1200 athletes from 27 states and Union Territories (UTs) besides the armed forces personnel.
- Dantewada SP rubbished the allegations saying the deceased surrendered in front of the media and her interrogation report and statements of other Maoists showed clearly that she was working as a CNM member.
- The meeting which was held between the Director Generals of Military Operations of India and Pakistan also reviewed the current situation across the Line of Control (LoC) and other sectors ‘in a free, frank and cordial atmosphere’, the statement said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- China has been carrying out rapid military-infra upgrade across the Upper Subansiri district in Arunachal Pradesh including at least three new bridges, troop sheds and a new 66-kilometre road