Key players: DLF group
Led by KP Singh, the group is the nation’s largest real estate player and has been a trendsetter in the industry. Established in 1946, the company took the lead in the development of 21 urban colonies in and around Delhi, and is often seen as the main builder of Gurgaon.
The company is spreading its operations across the country. Besides developing residential, retail and commercial complexes, it is planning to build around 100 hotels too.
The Delhi-based group is the second largest realty player in the country. It is engaged in almost all segments of the industry and has a portfolio that includes heavy construction, leisure and entertainment projects, hospitality and residential property developments. It has also emerged as the number one amusement park developer.
The group is foraying into the hospitality sector in a tie-up with Marriott to launch the Courtyard brand of business hotels in Gurgaon, Noida and Kolkata.
Like some other companies in the industry, Unitech has also jumped onto the special economic zones bandwagon. The government has cleared one of its projects in Haryana, to be spread over 20,000 acres at Kundli, near north Delhi, focusing on food processing, auto components and textiles.
The company has a strong footprint in western India. Its principal activity is to design, develop, build and market residential and commercial complexes. Mahindra Gesco operates in two segments - operating commercial complexes and project management & development.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- "Inspired by the honest governance of chief minister Arvind Kejriwal and hard work of MLA Raghav Chadha, I chose to join the Aam Aadmi Party..." said Mansi Sehgal
- Uttar Pradesh opened schools in a phased manner with physical classes for Classes 1 to 5 from Monday and for those in Classes 6 to 8, schools restarted from February 10.
- The states of Goa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh have not imposed any travel restrictions so far.
- Nadda claimed that since the BJP was working to carry the country forward, therefore, those with the opportunity to work in the BJP were lucky
- Co-Win's citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines, the government has said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel in New Delhi on Monday stood at ₹91.17 per litre and ₹81.47 per litre respectively.
- The decision to bring in a slew of new rules to help the state curb the rising number of cases was taken by Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh after a meeting with health experts and senior officers on February 23.