Kiwis to get top security: Official
New Zealand's cricket team will be provided security of the "highest order" on their next month's tour of India following bomb blasts in Bombay, a top Indian board official said Tuesday.
"We'll not compromise on players' security," cricket board secretary S.K. Nair said a day after twin car bombings which killed at least 52 people in Bombay.
Nair said the New Zealand cricket board had yet to approach its Indian counterpart, but the hosts were prepared to allay any security fears.
"They may ask for our feedback on security and we'll tell them they'll be provided security of the highest order. There'll be no compromise on that," he said.
Nair said the board had already issued strict directions to all the host associations to ensure trouble-free matches during the New Zealand tour and the subsequent triangular one-day series also involving Australia.
"We've given strict instructions to all the associations to follow our guidelines on security," he said, adding the board would not tolerate any crowd trouble such as that marred the West Indies tour of India last year.
"We will not adopt a soft approach at all. We will be very strict because even one incident can tarnish the country's image," said Nair.
New Zealand will arrive in India on September 23 for two Test matches before joining World Cup champions Australia for a tri-series.
The New Zealand team last year aborted a tour of Pakistan after a suicide car bomb blast outside their hotel in Karachi that left 14 people dead, including 11 French naval engineers.