Recently during the shoot of Mastang Mama at the Bandra-Kurla complex, Ruslaan Mumtaz was required to kick his way out of a sack. He almost knocked out co actor Saran's teeth.
Elaborating on the episode, director Vikram Singh says, "The sequence was being filmed at a bus stand. Saran was dragging along a sack with Ruslan inside. He was presumed dead but a sudden movement sparked off Saran's suspicions. He opened the sack to investigate and landed a punch, straight in the face."
The director says that he would have liked a retake but Saran's lip was torn and swollen. The next day his actors did reel off another shot but it didn't have the same intensity and even the timing was off. So Singh chose to retain the original shot.
Recalling the incident, Mumtaz says, "It was really embarrassing. I had met Saran for the first time that day. It was our first shot together. He told me to kick hard and landed up getting injured. The next time we did the shot I was terrified of hurting him again. Even Saran was worried that he would not turn in time. No wonder the timing was off and Vikram had to go with the first take."
A comedy, Mastang Mama has Mumtaz playing uncle to child actor Tanay Chheda (he was Darsheel Safary's friend in Taare Zameen Par. How their lives change after Ruslaan starts caring for Chheda forms the crux of the story Kulraj Randhawa brings in the romantic angle.
Singh says the sudden rains have put the brakes on the shooting most of which is done outdoors. A week's work is left, and Singh with the mama-bhanja team, is praying for the sun to come out again. Saran is praying that there are no more kicks in store for him.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All ten vaccination centres across the city sported colourful curtains and were decorated with flowers. Some centres at BYL Nair hospital and Covid-19 jumbo centre at Bandra Kurla Complex also placed selfie spots with ‘I got my Covid-19 vaccine’ message in the backdrop.
- In its response, BKU-Lokshakti through its advocate AP Singh told the Court that the Delhi Police application was unnecessary as Section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code is already in place in central Delhi which restricts gathering of five or more persons.
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.