Let the show begin
The main problem we will have when the globe’s most-talked about couple Brangelina split is what speculation there will be in the papers about our own beautiful couple Saifeena, Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan to the less informed on these matters. We editorial writers have been waiting for the day that we could tell you ‘we told you so’. From day one, this association, Brad and Angelina, they were not married, was all about publicity.
Now we may be saying this because we are envious about the kind of money they could make of common and garden things like having children and their preferences for fetishes. We may have a great partiality for exotic holiday destinations like Namibia but we can’t see that as translating into mega bucks. But the golden couple were literally cast in history after their first biological child was cast in a cradle in Namibia much like the baby Jesus with the father and mother looking on fondly in Joseph and Mary clothing. If that was not enough to make you gag, we have heard of grottos in their palatial French home where they could have a bit of a roll in the hay.
The tales of their rainbow family are so well-known that we could possibly write a thesis on the matter. There can be no reason why we should know so much about a couple so far removed from us unless they wanted us to know all about their lives. The more tremulous among us are not very comfortable about putting our children in the limelight but it seemed to matter little to the duo when they put out every little detail about their various children.
Or indeed when Angelina’s forays with her mother’s lover made us sit up and gasp. But there will be several sequels to their story. And be sure that they will feature every day in our papers and keep us going in the business for a good long time.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Dozens of Rohingya are in a makeshift "holding centre" at Jammu's Hira Nagar jail after local authorities conducted biometric and other tests on hundreds of people to verify their identities.
- The 10-member team will commence the journey from the misty mountains of Arunachal Pradesh at Bomdila and will then enter Bhutan.
- In a letter to the Cubbon Park police station, Dinesh Kalahalli said that the complaint had taken a sinister turn wherein the character of the alleged victim was being questioned.
- The police headquarters took action after a picture of the man walking with his son's decomposed body in a plastic bag was widely shared on social media.
- Omar Abdullah chided BJP's Suvendu Adhikari who was quoted a saying the "Bengal will become like Kashmir" if the Trinamool Congress returns to power in the assembly election.