Long wait for admission at CV
Applicants who have been fighting for admission in the English course at College of Vocational Studies (CVS) and have been assured that the college will come out with a list of admitted applicants may have to wait longer. Mallica Joshi reports.Updated: Jul 09, 2013 02:23 IST
Applicants who have been fighting for admission in the English course at College of Vocational Studies (CVS) and have been assured that the college will come out with a list of admitted applicants may have to wait longer.
College principal Inderjeet Dagar had told the applicants and their parents that he would send a list of possible solutions to the office of the dean, students' welfare (DSW), on Monday and accordingly take a decision on Tuesday, but the office of the DSW has not heard from the college yet.
"We have not received any letter from the college. The principal has not met me either," said JM Khurana, dean, students' welfare.
The college had earlier said it was planning to admit only those applicants who had submitted their admission forms and have not taken admission in any other college so far - a solution that was not only unacceptable to a number of applicants but is also against the Delhi University admission rules.
The rules make it mandatory for all colleges to admit all applicants who meet the cut-off and report to college within three days of the declaration of the cut-off.
A number of insiders have also claimed that the admission committee of the college that takes all decisions related to admissions is wrongly constituted.
"The admission committee is supposed to be headed by the secretary of the staff council. As per DU rules, it is only an assistant professor, associate professor or librarian who can become the secretary of the staff council. In CVS, an instructor is the secretary as well as the head of the admission committee," said a source.
The college principal did not respond to either the calls or the messages sent to him. Applicants, meanwhile, are waiting eagerly for Tuesday's list.
After receiving various complaints against colleges for defying various DU notifications, senior officials have decided to constitute a high-powered enquiry committee headed by a retired judge to look into violations by the colleges.
The committee will not only look into the refusal of admission but also into colleges' decision not to retain original certificates, conducting admission based on first-come first-served basis, closing the doors of the college before time during admissions and not providing basic facilities in the college premises.
First Published: Jul 08, 2013 22:12 IST