Man found dead in car in Malviya Nagar | india | Hindustan Times
  • Thursday, Jul 19, 2018
  •   °C  
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 19, 2018-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Man found dead in car in Malviya Nagar

Employee of a telecom major, he had been binge-drinking at party in Bulandshahr, reports Vijaita Singh.

india Updated: Jan 08, 2007 05:14 IST

A 23-year-old youth was found dead under mysterious circumstances inside a car in Malviya Nagar on Saturday.

The deceased who has been identified as Ravi Chakrabarty was working with a telecom major. His mother and brother live in United States of America. He had been living alone as a tenant in G Block at Malviya Nagar although police said he owned a house in Arjun Nagar near Green Park.

Police said Ravi had gone to a party with his friends at Ramghat in Bulandshahr. While returning they also visited a “baba” at his ancestral place in Nauroda near Bulandshahr.

His friends, Inder and Piyush who had accompanied him, told the police that Ravi had binged on liquor there.

The deceased and his friends had purchased liquor while they were on their way to Bulandshahr. His two friends live in Noida.

On Friday evening, the three reached Ravi’s flat. The deceased had passed out and when his friends asked him to get out of his Santro car (DL 5CB 3153), he did not move. His friends let him be and went upstairs to his flat. “When he did not return for a while they went to check if he was fine. After finding him in an unconscious state, they took him to Akash Hospital where he was declared dead,” said a senior police officer.

Inder and Piyush then informed one of Ravi’s friends Hemant, who in turn called the police around 1.15 am on Sunday from the hospital.

Charkabarty’s maternal uncle who lives in Delhi was called by the police to identify his body. A case of inquest proceedings has been registered at the Malviya Nagar police station. “We have sent the body for post mortem,” said Anil Shukla, deputy commissioner of police (south).

"Ravi had been living here since January. Prior to this, he was living in Saket,” said Chaman Lal Monga, the landord of the deceased. Police have not given a clean chit to his friends and are questioning them.

They have informed his family. Ravi’s family will be in Delhi on Monday.