Moments of significance: 2005
American Film Institute has created a list of 'Moments of Significance' for the year 2005.india Updated: Dec 31, 2005 19:50 IST
American Film Institute has created a list of 'Moments of Significance' for the year 2005.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the moments are significant for their impact on the art of the moving image.
2005's six Moments of Significance listed by AFI's 13-person jury are:
1. The trend of media consolidation in the year that saw both DreamWorks and MGM sold to larger corporations;
2. The continuing impact of the September 11th terrorist attacks on the arts, as seen in 24, Sleeper Cell and War of the Worlds, among other projects;
3. The industry wide box office doldrums
4. The growth of non-traditional video platforms like iPods and television for cell phones
5. The images of Hurricane Katrina 6. The internet coverage of Live 8, which is seen as changing the way live events are accessed
First Published: Dec 31, 2005 19:50 IST