Mumbai loses cool, warmer days ahead
Sunday was a tad sunny, or rather less chilly, after an unusual cold spell for a while.
The chill was on the downside with Sunday being relatively warmer and the weather department predicting warmer days ahead.
While the suburbs recorded a minimum of 12.4 degrees Celsius, south Mumbai witnessed a minimum of 14.4 degrees Celsius. This is still five degrees below the average temperature for this month.
“It will get warmer though the temperatures will still remain below normal. The wind direction has changed, so the northerly winds are not as strong,” said CVV Bhadram, Regional Head, Indian Meteorological Department.
Even the day temperatures rose to 26 degrees Celsius and it was less windy. Monday will get warmer with a minimum temperature of 13 degrees Celsius forecast for the day.
A few in the city would love the winter to stay. “It was cool to see the ‘coldest February ever’ headlines in papers. It’s so rare, and we were hoping it would last longer,” said Ritika Chawla, a 17-year-old college student.
Parts of the region are still very cold with Naliya in Gujarat recording a temperature of 1 degree Celsius, the lowest in the western region.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.