My Autograph still top film
Here are the top five Kannada films of this fortnight.india Updated: Jun 02, 2006 17:43 IST
Actor-turned-director Sudeep's directorial debut My Autograph, a remake of Cheran's Tamil hit Autograph, continues to entertain viewers with its stunning visuals, soulful music, tight direction and stupendous performances.
The film holds number one position on the list this fortnight.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. My Autograph - Actor Sudeep's first directorial venture has not lost its glitter even after 100 days. It has good chances of crossing the silver-jubilee mark.
2. Aajay - The film had a fantastic opening, but now the collections are dipping. Puneet Raj Kumar's films usually get huge openings. The film has collected around Rs 10 million in Bangalore.
3. Sevanthi Sevanthi - Is the film, directed by S Narayan, a sleeping giant? It certainly looks like that because the collections have been steadily improving from the third week onwards. The film is expected to complete 50 days in some centres.
4. Hatavadi - The film is gaining ground in B centres mainly because of its story and songs. It has completed 50 days in many centres.
5. Chellaata - The producer could have earned some profit, if the film had been made within a limited budget frame. Only a section of the audience has responded well to this remake of a Malayalam film.
First Published: Jun 02, 2006 17:43 IST