Neil Mukesh might sign Madhur Bhandarkar's next
Neil Mukesh is surely the talk of the town. After making an impressive debut with the film Johnny Gaddaar, the actor is now in talks with Madhur Bhandarkar for his next film, which he'll start once he wraps up Fashion.
However, the actor is not happy with the way director Tigmanshu Dhulia, who's working with him on two films, has been accusing him of unprofessional and starry behaviour.
"Enough is enough! I won't be taken for granted any longer," Neil told IANS.
"The truth is Tigmanshu was to do another film called Fame with me. I was really excited about it. He suddenly changed his mind because someone else (Suniel Shetty) was making a film on the same subject (Paparazzi).
"At the eleventh hour Tigmanshu came to me saying he wanted to do another film called Good Night from Feb 15 when I didn't even have a script in my hand. I had never heard the subject... nothing! And I was supposed to say yes? Wow! This is very disturbing."
The young actor, who is seen as Ranbir Kapoor's nearest rival, says that he cannot jeopardise his career by working with "proposal makers".
He said: "In all honesty I wanted to work with Tigmanshu, but I need time to prepare. I can't work with proposal makers. I can't play around with my career, sorry. I won't work with a director who comes with a one-liner. If that makes me look choosy then so be it.
"I've struggled for many years. My debut film Johnny Gaddaar was stuck. Where was everyone when my father (singer Nitin Mukesh) and I would be crying together wondering if my first film will ever be completed."
Money is not so important for the actor.
"Though I've done two back-to-back films with Johnny in the title, I'm no Johnny-come-lately. By the grace of god, I come from a family where I can live comfortably without earning a single penny all my life.
"Luckily, for me, that's not how I want to live. I do understand my responsibilities as my father's only son, and that's why I need to be disciplined and professional in my conduct."
Neil says the early struggle has matured him.
"If I choose my roles correctly am I being unprofessional and starry? Acting is something I'm passionate about. Even if I'm running a high fever, I forget about it once the camera is switched on."
Madhur Bhandarkar too has offered him a role and Neil is excited about it.
"We've been discussing the idea for a long time. I like to be on board from the outset. I like to watch the film evolve from scratch. We'll start the film as soon as he finishes making Fashion."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.