Notice to CM on land denotification
Lokayukta Santosh Hegde has issued a notice to Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, seeking his views on a JD(S) complaint on denotification of lands, saying there is a prima facie case.
"Since we have found a prima facie case in the complaint, we have issued a notice to the chief minister on November 21," he told reporters in Bangalore.
The JD(S), which has been gunning for Yeddyurappa's removal, had filed the complaint on November 18, seeking a probe into denotification of land, including some favouring his family members, which had been notified by Bangalore Development Authority.
Hegde rejected allegations of being biased against the ruling BJP and favouring some political parties.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- "Inspired by the honest governance of chief minister Arvind Kejriwal and hard work of MLA Raghav Chadha, I chose to join the Aam Aadmi Party..." said Mansi Sehgal
- Uttar Pradesh opened schools in a phased manner with physical classes for Classes 1 to 5 from Monday and for those in Classes 6 to 8, schools restarted from February 10.
- The states of Goa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh have not imposed any travel restrictions so far.
- Nadda claimed that since the BJP was working to carry the country forward, therefore, those with the opportunity to work in the BJP were lucky
- Co-Win's citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines, the government has said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel in New Delhi on Monday stood at ₹91.17 per litre and ₹81.47 per litre respectively.
- The decision to bring in a slew of new rules to help the state curb the rising number of cases was taken by Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh after a meeting with health experts and senior officers on February 23.